At The Methuen Arms we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
We will never share this information with any third party outside of The Methuen Arms without your express permission, and your data will always be managed with reference to all relevant laws and regulations.
We do update this policy from time to time, so please review back regularly.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT:
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data;
• Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register your personal details and submit information about your business; and
• Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The only cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it.
Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION:
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
• To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our services;
• To provide information to you relating to other services or products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information
• To inform you of any changes to our website or services.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the UK for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated confidentially and stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically; sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION:
• In the event that we sell any or all of our business to an acquirer;
• Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information; and
• To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
THIRD PARTY LINKS:
ACCESS TO INFORMATION:
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.